Here is our family's favorite spin on this classic kid-friendly dish- Mexican Raviolis!
Mexican RaviolisYou will need:
- 1 packet of enchilada sauce mix (You could go with a jar of ready-made sauce, but to save money, we bought the packets at Aldi for way cheaper! )
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa (we are Pace brand fans here!)
- 1 cup water (omit if you are using a ready-made enchilada sauce)
- 2.25oz can sliced black olives
- 25oz (1 lb 9 oz) package of frozen beef raviolis
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend is perfect for this dish)
NOTE: We discovered that using the ready-made enchilada sauce made the sauce thinner. If you are using the packet of enchilada sauce mix, it seems to come out thicker, which is how we like it. If your ready-made sauce seems too thin, add additional tomato paste by the tablespoon until you get it thick enough to your family's preference.
This is an easy recipe to make as a freezer meal too. Just prepare the sauce ahead of time and freeze separate from the raviolis themselves.